Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Babe is ONE....Yowzers!!

The computer has been on the fritz for awhile, so my oh so eager blogging took a slight vacay. I am back and raring to go, with a much needed recap of The Babe's Bday BBQ(there was absolutely no BBQing involved, but whatevvver).
Anywhooo, I will start with the much needed moment of acceptance. I officially accept that I no longer have a baby boy, but rather a full blown MAN. Yes, you heard it here folks, the oh so cute Gentry has graduated to belching, sweaty, stinky MAN. Okay, so I may be getting a bit carried away, but lets face it, the fact that he officially turned one and began walking within a two day span says it all. The MAN shown below, was once my teensy tiny, itsy bitsy baby boy.
The Bday Party was a complete success. The stars aligned, and the Weather Fairy decided to play nice and give us a bearable, almost nice, day! Pretty amazing, considering the sweltering heat we have been enduring. We had about 25 guests, who brought an assortment of yummy food and tons of gifts for The Babe. I played Hostess for the day, and although most my DIY Western Theme decor got devoured by the food and gifts within minutes of guests arriving, I think I did a pretty okay job...

"The bigger the mess, the bigger the smile," that is the mantra in our house. Good times almost always call for an afterbath. Well, the babe got one midparty....Funtime Success!!


Gentry,

You are officially one, but will forever stay my perfect baby boy, despite your age. You have begun to walk, and your belligerent waddle tickles my heart. Your crooked grin could extract a smile from the coldest of hearts, and your deep belly laugh could cure the roughest of days. You may fuss on occasion, but the pure joy you exude on a daily basis, keeps the wind in my sails. I will never be able to express the bliss you have brought to my life, but I hope to give every ounce of my soul as I raise you with all that I have. You are my sweet angel and I am so proud to see you turn one today.


With Love,

Mama

3 comments: