Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Workin' Gal

So I am officially a 9-5, working gal, with my own office and all!
(And by 'working gal' I do not mean hot pants and a street corner)

It is still a work in progress, but that's life for ya :-)


I began working as a Substance Abuse Counselor about a month ago, and wake up every morning totally motivated to begin my day. Here is a little insight into the program, as described on their website...

"The Franklin County Methamphetamine Program originated as a pilot program with the purpose of establishing an effective treatment model for youth addicted to Methamphetamine. This 8-bed program is housed within the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center. Treatment is provided for youth between the ages of 10-18, who have used or abused Methamphetamine, and who have received a court order to undergo treatment. Treatment consists of a maximum of 180 days in a secure (in-custody) setting followed by an additional 180 days of aftercare services."Http://www.wellscenter.org/Patient-Programs/


The babe is fully mobile, AKA walking everywhere, and running a MUCK!! But how could I ever reprimand such a perfect angel??

He has adjusted well to the in-home daycare he attends, and we absolutely love the girly who watches him. I, on the other hand, haven't quite adjusted to him going there full time. Fortunately, he gets some quality Daddy and Babe time in the evening before I get home from work...

Life has begun to somewhat resemble 'normal' (whatever that means), and this happy Mama is proud to report, Life is good :-)



3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear how well things are going for you :) Your blog couldn't be cuter! Absolutely adorable!

    Love, Lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post.. miss you tons! Hope we can SKYPE tomorrow!
    Love,
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your office is so cute Lindsay! And I love your blog too! I'm happy that your life is going so well!

    ReplyDelete