Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

In Loving Memory

Yesterday afternoon, The Hubby shimmied onto our dilapidated barn roof, and mounted an American flag. It was the flag his mother, Connie Lou Heiple, had proudly flown on her front porch before she passed. He has a severe fear of heights, and the condition of the roof is questionable at best, but he had chosen this spot, and he'd be damned if the roof, or his fears got the best of him.
Watching him proudly mount this flag, made my heart swell with emotion. The simple act embodied so many things beyond verbal description; love, loss, devotion, honor, pride, the list is endless.

Connie was an amazingly compassionate woman, who gave everything she had to those she loved. She raised an amazing man, whom I am fortunate enough to have married. Her passing has not been easy, and my heart cannot comprehend the pain my Hubby has faced within the last few months. Yet, with such a devastating loss, comes a recognition of much needed appreciation. Mortality is unavoidable, and although we've all heard it a million times, each day is a gift that we must savor.
I offer up each day, each moment of appreciation,
In Loving Memory of Connie Lou Heiple.

2 comments:

  1. So heartfelt, Linz...Connie will always be with you guys.... Thinking of you and Jake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linz, I hope you guys doing ok... I would give anything to have you closer :( I miss you so much, you don't even know. You need to write more, I love reading it :) And it makes you feel closer.

    ReplyDelete