Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

You live on a what??!!

Much to my continued disbelief, we do in fact live on a farm. This was once again confirmed this week when my Hubby went to remove the heinous tree stump plaguing our front yard. Despite my minimal Tree Service Savvy, I do believe in California this would entail permits, equipment rental, contracts, etc. Basically, it would be a total pain in the ass. Well, not on our farm! Just grab your handy dandy Track Hoe, and get to work. This was completely mezmerizing to me, and pretty frickin cool! The babe, of course, got a total kick out of it as well!
3 Ways I know we live on a farm

1. Our house is surrounded by corn fields.

2. The closest thing I have to a next door neighbor is the mice that live in our barn.

3. We drive our 4wheeler to get to our mailbox, which is .5miles away.


Okay, so there's a lot of folks around here (including my Hubby) that would probably disagree with my claim that we live on a farm. But this California girl is constantly searching for Old McDonald, because we live on a FARM!!!!!

Here's another pic of the babe enjoying our FARM...

And in case you couldn't tell, Yes that is a CORN COB in his hand :-)....because, once again, we live on a FARM!!

As much as I am still coping with the reality of my living situation, I do in fact love where we live and the home we have created. I am constantly amazed by the benefits of owning your own land and not having neighbors. The Babe is able to discover without restrictions, and embrace the land in its true form. It is a blessing to live where we do, and I am grateful each and everyday.

Here's just one more ADORABLE pic of The Babe reaping the benefits of farm life...

1 comment:

  1. He is sooo cute! And yes u do live on a farm! Which I can honeslty say, I never thought u would live on one! Hahaha its funny how life takes its twists & turns and works out perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete